Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Ballroom Competition

A few days over a month left in Japan... =( I'm going to be sad to leave.

In the meantime, here are some photos and video of the ballroom competition I was in a few weeks ago. (Yeah, I haven't been very good at updating this lately...)

The senpai (older students) had a couple of really funny demonstrations.

First off, a cute quickstep from Waseda students: the guy is wearing a Japanese oni (demon) mask, I believe.


Darth Vader does a foxtrot:


A sexy rumba by Waseda students:


Funny Paso Doble, the guy has a great costume (Paso is described as a dance between the bull and the matador's cape):


Cha Cha from the president of the ballroom club and his partner:


As for the beginner kids... well, the older guys had a field day doing crazy things with the newbies guys' hair.

Yes, he has magazine cutouts of people glued to his hair.


Devil!


I... am very impressed that this stayed up the entire competition.


Ugh, competition makeup is scary. My partner, my friend Shiori, and me.


Mmmmm... We have some cutie senpai boys at Waseda. ;)

No comments: