Saturday, August 30, 2008

visa! hooray!

Got my Visa~ whew. So all set on that front. Just have to get the re-entry ... thingymawhatsit once I'm in Japan so I can travel around Asia and whatnot.

Also ordered my phone for Japan (through PicCell), which was offered through Waseda. No fees apart from calling rates, which is good, but unfortunately rates are rather expensive. Calls in *Japan* are about 65 cents a minute. Texting is just 5 cents for in Japan though, so good thing I do that more anyway... Not going to be doing any international calls with it though, 'cos ouch. Going to get the Skype package that allows me to call cell phones and land lines as well, because it's ridiculously cheap and sounds amazing. Skype is wonderful. $4 for 10,000 minutes to the US (... I think that's the rate for even if I'm not in Japan. Doesn't seem to have prices for if I'm in Japan, just general calling US/Canada, the UK/Europe, Japan/etc. But would be calling the US, not Japan... it's a bit confusing. Ah well. 

Still have to look into the bloody Japanese encephalitis vaccine. I hate shots. :(

No comments: