Sunday, September 21, 2008

First Earthquake

Woke up to an earthquake this morning around 7:15. Sat up blearily, wondering why someone was shaking my bed and why the bookshelves were making weird noises. Realized it was an earthquake, and oh, I should be doing something.

4.8 earthquake. Not that strong, but ... definitely nothing I've felt before. The feeling of the ground just moving around underneath you is very darn unsettling.

Went to Asakusa yesterday, a beautiful old shrine, and then an izakaya in the evening. All you can eat and drink. Bloody hell. There was another group there what was completely, utterly trashed. I've never seen people that drunk. They were just staggering around everywhere and falling against each other. I tried sake, which I quite liked - the Japanese kids who gave it to me were surprised I liked it. =p Very, very noisy and crowded and crazy, but quite an experience!

No comments: